FLINKER
We would like to invite you to join our latest forum at:

address: http://www.farari.org

So hurry up and join us in our

premium site

First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: 2005 (First Aid for the Usmle Step 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Aid for the USMLE Step 1: 2005 (First Aid for the Usmle Step 1)

Post by azmy2000 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:12 am

By Vikas Bhushan, Tao Le,

* Publisher: McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange
* Number Of Pages: 530
* Publication Date: 2004-12-17
* Sales Rank: 137358
* ISBN / ASIN: 0071440674
* EAN: 9780071440677
* Binding: Paperback
* Manufacturer: McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange
* Studio: McGraw-Hill/Appleton & Lange
* Average Rating: 4.5
* Total Reviews: 13

Book Description:

The ultimate resource for USMLE Step 1 preparation! Published annually, this is the only student-to-student review book that provides facts and strategies from medical students who had previously taken the exam. The book contains over 900 frequently tested facts and mnemonics, 24 pages of high-yield color images similar to those on the exam, more than 100 clinical vignettes, and a completely revised rating of over 300 basic science review products.

Date: 2006-07-16 Rating: 4
Review:

Overrated but still worth buying

People often make the mistake of thinking that knowing this book forwards and backwards translates into a superior score. It probably doesn't. The pathology and physiology material in particular lacks both concepts and details that you will need for Step 1. Every edition of the book is laden with errors and should be used with caution. Finally the book is awkward to read and contains too many lists.

On the plus side, the pharmacology section is excellent. If you do not understand the figures you see, however, you should use another source to figure them out. My recommendation would be to use this book to wrap up your review after using other sources, to catch high yield information you may have previously missed. While the book does not come close to containing everything you need to know (except perhaps in pharm), it does a pretty good job of limiting itself to things that are likely to be on your test.

Date: 2006-03-08 Rating: 3
Review:

good enough

Good enough, but if you have already done kaplan and Goljan, you will find very little new things here. Still a fair review.
hidehide

Enjoy

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=136286923052771
azmy2000
Admin
Admin

Specialty : emergency medicine

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top